Because our members matter to us the most of all
Data we process
Aktief Slip only processes your data if you make use of our services and/or if you voluntarily share this data with us.
If you sign up to be a member of Aktief Slip, the following data will be stored:
- Membership type
- WUR account name
- first name
- middle name(s)
- last name
- date of birth
- registration number
- e-mail address
- IBAN number (if applicable)
- contribution preference
- start date membership
- termination date membership
- active committee
This data will be stored in the Member Database provided and secured by the WUR. Only daily board members (President, Secretary, Treasurer) have access to this database. The secretary will manage the administration by adding new members, removing former members and adjusting data during membership. The collected online subscription and un-subscription forms will be stored in a folder in the [email protected] email. Only the board has access to this email address.
What we use this data for
The members’ personal data will be used to:
- Provide our members with a discount on their study materials at Acco (WUR account name, registration number and name)
- Send the weekly newsletter (e-mail address)
- Collect membership contribution (contribution preference, IBAN number, and email address)
- Send messages to specific target groups (membership type, e-mail address, study, start date membership, termination date membership and active committees)
- To check whether the member is of legal drinking age when attending activities that include alcoholic consumption (date of birth)
Data collection periods
Personal data of members will be kept for as long as they are a member and for a 2-year period afterwards. Financial administration will be kept for 10 years.
Aktief Slip exclusively shares data with third parties (processors) when this is required to continue providing our service to you or when legally obligated to.
Currently, these processors are:
- WUR facility desk. They receive names, WUR account name and registration number in order to provide a discount to members buying school supplies in the WURstore.
- A processor agreement has been signed to ensure fair and minimal data usage, maximizing both security and privacy.
- Acco. The WUR uses Acco as a webshop to provide students with textbooks.
- They do not send your personal data to third parties in a way that you can be identified without your express permission to do so if this is not necessary to provide the Services. They rely on third parties to offer website and services but they are bound to Acco rules and use data anonymously.
- Proefschriftmaken. The WUR uses this platform to provide readers.
- They use the data provided to process payments, contact you if needed, create an account and provide services. They do not share data with third parties unless required by law.
- Tripolis. Aktief Slip uses their online platform Webpower. They receive email addresses allowing Aktief Slip to send the weekly newsletter (SlipNews).
- Tripolis stores data in the EU in accordance to GDPR and achieved a DDMA Privacy Seal. They shall not provide third parties with data unless bound to by law. They secure personal data against loss and against any form of unlawful processing.
All processors have agreed to:
- Never use personal data for personal purposes, but only to confirm to the instructions of Aktief Slip and to keep providing their service.
- Personal data may be used to meet legal requirements like court orders.
- Make sure appropriate technical and organizational measures are being taken to protect the data from loss or unlawful processing.
Photographs of members
The picture committee Click takes pictures during events to report on the activities that have taken place. These pictures are stored on the Aktief Slip Sharepoint.
The pictures taken during Aktief Slip events can be published on our external media such as SlipNews and Instagram.
Pictures can be stored for unlimited time for the Aktief Slip archive. These pictures can be found on the Sharepoint and everyone has the right to ask for removal of a picture if they are recognizable in the picture.
Aktief Slip Website & Store
When visitors leave reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, forms etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Aktief Slip only shares data with services that we use to make features of this website possible. These services are:
Data that is shared with these services is handled according to their respective privacy policies. Your data is only shared when necessary, and if features (for example, a purchasing using Stripe as a payment processor) are not used data will not be shared.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Data breach protocol
Aktief Slip has an extensive plan in case personal data is being processed or available for processing by unauthorized third parties.
In case of a data breach, the president will be responsible for handling the steps as described in the script, unless the nature of the breach demands otherwise.
Viewing, changing or removing personal data
You have and maintain the right to view, change or remove whatever personal data we may have collected or stored. Should you desire this, contact us via [email protected] and we will respond as soon as possible. To make sure the request for processing the data is actually made by you, we ask you to send along a copy of your passport or other identification. We advise you to cross out your social service number (BSN) in this attachment.
Should you have any questions or remarks, you can contact us via the contact form on this website or at:
Droevendaalsesteeg 2, room 112
6708 PB Wageningen